Getting started saving money
A list of articles to get you motivated and starting to save money. If you are in need to fix your money, start here.
- Get paid $6K from the ATO: the tax free threshold savings strategy
- How to calculate your disposable income: know exactly how much you can spend per day
- How to get started: I am ready to save money
- How much money do you really need in life?
- Getting motivated to save money
- How to save money fast
- How to save when you’re broke (and don’t have any)
- Become a better money saver
- The top 10 ways to save money
- How to reduce your spending on everything
Challenges & strategies
Strategies to save money that will challenge you and take your personal finances to new limits.
- The small change resolution: how little savings add up
- The 7 day no new food challenge
- How to purge your clutter in 7 days and make bank doing so
- How to make saving money a game with yourself
- How to save $4,800 a year on lunch
- The ‘one less’ savings policy; buy one less thing
- The 7 day digital detox: spend less, enjoy life more
The popular ways to save money on groceries. If you are just beginning to save money, your weekly grocery shop is a great way to start.
- How to do less grocery shopping (the minimalist shop)
- 10 shopping tactics that Coles & Woolworths use to make you spend
- Grocery unit pricing; the key to paying less for groceries
- 8 marketing tactics that the supermarkets trick you with
- How to make your groceries last longer
- How shopping at smaller grocery stores can save money
Credit cards and reducing interest charges
Credit cards can cost you big money. Read some of the key ways people save money on their credit cards by paying less interest and prioritising to pay them off.
- Pay 0% interest on your credit card for 12 to 14 months
- 5 credit card tips I wish I knew sooner
- Store credit card traps and how to avoid
- How to repay your credit card faster
- Credit card fees you shouldn’t be paying
How to make money by selling your things
Reduce your clutter and recover the money you wasted on buying things.
- How to run the best garage sale ever
- A list of household items you can sell for money
- How to declutter your house
Insurance is key, but making sure you have a great deal that saves you money is also important.
- Car insurance: how to save on your premium
- How to get cheap health insurance; ways to pay less and save
The best ways to reduce your regular bills with some smart money saving tactics.
- Saving money on electricity (by reducing your usage)
- Reduce your heating costs in winter
- Make your entire home use less energy to save
- 20+ ways to save on utility bills
A few personal accounts of how I managed to save money and the ways I handle my own finances,